Monday, September 23, 2013

Post Weekend Update

Well this past weekend, I'm happy to report that major progress has occurred at the homestead. On Saturday we tore out the entire back wall of the existing house, our good friend Mary stopped by and even chipped in pulling down siding. After we tore down the wall, we continued to work on the new subfloor of the new addition. We also had to do some slight alterations to the floor plans in order to make access to the crawlspace through the utility room.

On Sunday the entire flooring was finishing and we began erecting walls!!!! We got all the outer walls up in the new addition of the home. We also got the new windows in for the bottom half of the front of the house. Next weekend we should be framing up the inner walls of the new addition and putting in the new windows.  It's coming along and I'm getting even more excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment